- Craft & DIY
Nest Box Building Workshop
Join Greenwich Audubon Center for a fun in-person program to learn about ways to support birds at home with nest boxes! Tree-cavity nesting birds such as Eastern Bluebirds depend on nest boxes to survive, as it has become increasingly difficult for them to find natural tree cavities in the wild. Other birds that love nest boxes include Tree Swallows, Chickadees, Tufted Titmice, and House Wrens.
After a slide-show presentation, you will have the opportunity to build your very own nest box kit with the assistance of Audubon staff! Kits will be available for purchase with ticket registration and will be given out at the program. Hammers & Screwdrivers will be available for use but we recommend bringing your own Hammer & Philip’s Head Screwdriver if you have them.
This IN-PERSON program has a limited capacity and will start with an indoor slide show. Masks are encouraged to be worn during the indoor portion and are optional outdoors.
TICKETS ALONG WITH KITS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE through our online ticket sales page. There will be no ticket sales at the door the day of the program. Please be prepared to show proof of your ticket registration, either as a printed copy of your registration receipt or your registration confirmation email on your phone.
- Program Fee: $50 for kit and one person (must purchase kit in advance), $15 for each additional person, $100 for a ticket that includes a box for you and a box for Greenwich Audubon.
- Pre-registration is required. Select HERE to Register.
- Recommended for ages 6 and up.
- Please register for the quantity of ALL members in your party. The rate for children and adults is the same. You must purchase a nest box kit to participate.
- Upon arrival please check in at the front desk to pick up pre-purchased kits and proceed to Kiernan Hall where our slide show will take place.
- For questions, please contact Ryan MacLean at [email protected] or 203-930-1353.
Please note, by signing up for this event you are consenting to receive emails from Audubon about this program and our conservation work. You may opt-out of our emails at any time.
Eastern Bluebird. Photo: Russell Niemi/ Audubon Photography Awards