Kulture Kave presents The Konnection Dance Workshop
KULTURE KAVE PRESENTS: The Konnection Dance Workshop with Ki, Nieka & Tima!
3 instructors – 3 styles – 2.5 hours of fun dance instruction! DANCEHALL, NDOMBOLO & SOCA DANCE!
About this Event
MARCH is Women’s Herstory Month and @KULTUREKAVE is celebrating with another EPIC Dance Workshop led by three of NYC’s well renowned dancers and choreographers. Blue haired BADDIES, @Nieka_OG, @Born2PerformKi, and @Timakaraga_2.0 will be bridging the gap between Africa and the Caribbean through dance.
What To Expect:
– A safe space for learning and dancing (This is a judgement free zone).
– A space for ALL LEVELS and GENDERS to attend and participate.
– Gain a deep understanding of the dance styles and cultures being presented in the workshop. (Soca, Ndombolo and Dancehall).
– Gain an undertansing of the slight differences in nuances, but celebrating the similarities, the uniqueness and richness of our cultures.
– Learn dances movements from the styles listed above.
– Learn fun-filled and energectic choreography by 3 professional dancers/educators.
– Chorepgraphy to be filmed by videogrpaher in small groups (for those who want to be filmed).
– Modifications to be provided to any participant in need.
– A fun and invigorating yet educational dance experience. Not your typical dance class.
Whether you attend to train as a professional dancer or to sweat, release and learn as a novice. This event is FOR YOU.
**FOLLOW THE IG HANDLES BELOW <3
✨Class hosted by: @kulturekave
✨Instructors: @timakaraga_2.0 with the Ndombolo + @born2performki with the Soca + @Nieka_OG with the Dancehall
Sunday, March 19 from 12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. at Ripley Grier Studios 520 location – Studio: 17D
Tickets for KULTURE KAVE PRESENTS: The Konnection Dance Workshop with Ki, Nieka & Tima! can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|EARLY BIRD||USD 20|
|GENERAL ADMISSION||USD 30|